When a woman walks through the doors of Blue Ridge Women’s Center, she’s often feeling scared, alone and unsure what to do. We meet her with love, hope and support. No matter what choice she makes, it will change her life forever. While we recognize it’s a woman’s legal right to choose, we want her to know the truth about all her options before making her choice.
Counselors provide support, resources, answer questions and provide information about each of the choices for her pregnancy – adoption, parenting & abortion. No matter what choice she makes, Blue Ridge Women’s Center will also be there for her.
A counselor at the Blue Ridge Women’s Center:
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Believes in the value of each human life
- Cares deeply about women
- Knows her own strengths and weaknesses
- Listens with empathy and understanding
- Genuinely connects across cultural differences
To become a counselor:
- Meet with our Director of Client Services to see if this is a good fit for you & BRWC
the counselor education training course taught by BRWC staff
(one evening a week for eight weeks)
- Commit to at least one 3.5-hour shift at BRWC each week
- Develop your counseling abilities during a period of internship
- Begin counseling clients!