Objectives of Position: This position assists the Communication Director to oversee and coordinate all communications for the ministry so as to maintain a clear and unified “brand” to our clientele as well as clear and unified “brand” to our constituency.
Accountability: The Communications Staff should…
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, as evidenced by a consistent Christian walk, regular Bible study and church attendance.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Blue Ridge Women’s Center.
- Exhibit agreement with the sanctity of life position as expressed by the Blue Ridge Women’s Center.
- Understand and be able to train and model biblical principles relating to human life and relationships.
- Have a degree (preferred) in communications or related field or have equivalent experience as well as a proven capability with IT, Internet, and Social Networking tools.
- Have leadership experience in a helping profession requiring management experience.
- Exhibit skill in interpersonal communications, staff and volunteer management and training.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership and support for volunteers.
- Be able to work flexible schedule including some evenings.
- Carry out responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of current office /communications computer technology and software.
Assist the Communications Director with:
Web Site Development and Management (client and support)
Print Material Development and Production (client and support)
Media (A/V) Production (client and support)
Direct Mail Campaign
On-Site IT and Network
Power-Point Presentation Development (client and support)
Full Time (exempt) position
This Position serves within the Administration Department and under the direct supervision of the Communications Director and the CEO.